Many people are surprised to learn that a homeowner policy, whether written on a house, condominium or apartment, does not cover damage by flood.
This is unfortunate as all too often people find their dream abode only to learn that flood insurance is required as a condition of the loan.
A flood insurance policy is a separate policy designed solely for the purpose of providing coverage for damage by flood.
- Floods are the number one natural disaster in the United States
- Everyone lives in a flood zone!
- A homeowner insurance policy does not cover damage by flood
- Flood insurance policies can cover either your dwelling or your contents or both
- A separate deductible applies to both dwelling and contents coverage if a loss occurs