General Liability Insurance
General Liability insurance covers the cost of lawsuits caused by accidents that result in property damage or bodily injury. General Liability coverage will also pay the attorney fees and other costs associated with the defense of a lawsuit. It could also cover the cost of other claims like false advertising, libel and slander. There are some things that might not be protected with liability insurance including wrongful termination of employees, sexual harassment, or non-performance of a contract. These areas of concern are best protected on a policy specifically designed for that type of exposure.
Professional Liability Coverage / Errors & Omissions
Standard General Liability policies exclude Professional Liability. Due to this potential gap in coverage, professional liability insurance is purchased to adequately cover your exposures. This coverage is necessary for individuals that hold themselves out to the general public as having greater than average expertise in particular areas. Specifically tailored to your business, professional programs designed by RJ Carignan ensure that you will be provided the broadest possible coverage, at a competitive rate.
- Coverage specifically for those that specialize in professional fields
- Liability arising out of a professional’s negligent acts, errors and omissions during the course of practice
- Exposure exists for the professional, professional’s employees, or others for whom the professional has responsibility
- Consultants Failure of the work to perform as promised in your contract
- You as well as your company for any legal obligation resulting from your errors, omissions or negligence
- Includes legal defense costs no matter how baseless the allegations as long as the policy covers the alleged event
Directors & Officers
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance offers financial protection for directors and officers of your company. This coverage is essential in the event a claim where the performance of their duties, as they relate to the company, are called into question.
- Provides protection for directors and officers of corporations, non-profits or other entities from the costs associated with allegations of wrongful acts, having been committed in the individual capacity of a company director or officer
- Individual capacity can be further defined as carrying out responsibilities with due diligence
- Any negligent acts that result in a loss to the entity or its shareholders are typically covered under a D&O policy
- Coverage for non-bodily injury claims, specifically related to the employment practices, running and management of an organization and mismanagement of funds
If you are a director or officer related to any of the following types of entities below, RJ Carignan can help to ensure your protection:
- Public Companies
- Private Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Non-Profit Entities
Employment Practices Liability
Employment Practice Liability Insurance covers businesses against claims by current, former, and future employees, that their legal rights have been violated. Whether you have one or 100,000, the potential for a claim exists. The number of lawsuits filed bu employees against their employers is on the rise due to the current economic environment. More specifically, this coverage protects an employer from claims by current, former, and future employees that may include allegations of:
- Age, gender and other forms of discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful discipline and termination
- Negligent hiring, promotion and compensation decisions
- Breach of employment contract
- Emotional distress/mental anguish
- Invasion of privacy
- Slander or libel
If you would like to communicate with us on any of these coverages, please call our office between 8:00am and 5:00 pm Mon. – Fri. or send an us an e-mail and one of our team members with assist you.